1 small bell pepper
8 ounce bacon chopped
1 tablespoon bacon drippings
2 pound pork loin, cut into stripes
1 medium onion diced
10 cloves garlic minced
1 can green chilies
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bunch chopped cilantro
8 cups chicken broth
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 29 ounce cans of white hominy drained
1. cook and stir the bacon in a large pot over medium heat, until it begins to crisp. Drain keeping 1 tablespoon of bacon fat.
2. heat pot to medium high and add pork stripes. cook stirring periodically until browned. remove pork and reduce heat.
3. stir in onion and garlic, cook until onion has softened and beginning to turn brown.
4. stir in the bell pepper, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, salt and cilantro. cook for a few minutes make sure mixture is complete mixed together.
5. pour in the chicken broth and diced tomatoes. stir in the bacon and pork stripes, bring to a simmer. reduce heat cover and simmer 1 hour.
6. stir in the hominy, recover and continue cooking until pork is tender.